A lot can change in a subject between editions, particularly in a subject as fast-moving as IR. The editors and contributors have extensively reviewed the book and its accompanying resources, and as a result numerous additions have been made to the seventh edition, a selection of which you can view below.
- Four brand new chapters including: Feminism, Race, International Organizations, and NGOs.
- Questions accompanying every case study to encourage students apply theory to real world events.
- An opposing opinions feature which helps students to critically evaluate an argument.
- Online simulations recreating real-world situations, designed to explore key elements of that situation.
What are simulations?
- A recreation of a real-world situation, designed to explore key elements of that situation
The benefits of simulations:
- Students get a ‘lived experience’
- Builds up deeper understanding of complex issues and situations
- Develops a range of skills e.g. negotiation, reflection, problem solving, applying theory to practice
The Globalization of World Politics | Seventh Edition | Edited by John Baylis, Steve Smith and Patricia Owens | December 2016 | 648 pages | Paperback | ISBN: 9780198739852