IB Challenges are features that follow the opening case studies, which focus on real, applied, and relevant challenges confronted by firms and invite students to devise their own solutions to them. Take a look at the examples below:
- Example one: Apple: Managing complexity across firms and borders
- Example two: Starbucks struggles in Italy and Israel
- Example three: Culture on Film?
Case Study examples
There are three different types of case studies that can be found throughout International Business: opening cases at the start of chapters to add context, short IB Insights to tie in relevant examples to the texts, and longer closing cases to wrap up the chapter and prompt discussion.
- Opening Case: Getting movies into the Chinese market
- IB Insight: Child labour in the Chocolate industry
- Closing Case: Uber - Transforming how people travel across the world's cities
If you have any feedback on these examples, please email us at email@example.com